Egg Farmers of Canada (EFC) is seeking a Market Intelligence Manager to join the Operations team in a fast-paced, challenging, and exciting work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will have 5-8 years’ of experience in market intelligence, and ideally 1-2 years’ experience with management. The Market Intelligence Manager will be responsible for market research analysis activities and programs including industry forecasting, ad-hoc analysis and regular reporting of market conditions in relevance to the Canadian egg industry. The Market Intelligence Manager is responsible for overseeing the Market Intelligence Analyst.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Research and Analysis
- Manage macro- and micro-analytical activities relevant to Canadian egg markets
- Produce reports and presentations outlining the research and analysis and results
- Provide insight and recommendations to senior management
- Provide ad hoc analysis, with a focus on production and markets, as assigned by the COO
Market Expertise and Forecasting
- Responsible for environmental scanning tasks to assess relevant industry trends in Canada, the US and internationally.
- Maintain relationships with industry organizations in both Canada and the US
- Manage and interpret information and data sets to assess current market trends
- Lead EFC to be a Canadian centre for egg market expertise for the Canadian, US and international markets. This includes production, demand and pricing factors.
- Produce reports and presentations outlining market expertise
- Conduct market forecasting for egg production and prices
Management of Existing Programs
- Provide analysis, calculations and ongoing reports relevant to management of production focused programs at EFC
- Provide data and analysis of trade deals and requirements
- Provide impact analysis and incorporate findings into the appropriate forecasts and market analysis
- Manage administration of various operational programs
- Responsible for the management of the Market Intelligence Analyst
- Provide coaching and mentorship to staff
- Responsible for performance measurement of unit (i.e. scorecards)
- Develop annual budgets, objectives and targets for the unit
- Manage on time completion and quality of unit objectives
- Oversee documentation of standard procedures within the unit
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables and advanced formulas for example if and lookup statements)
- Proficient statistical and mathematical skills including methodologies and techniques (e.g. advanced regression analysis, ARIMA models, Monte Carlo simulations, etc.)
- Ability to prepare estimates and forecasts using programming languages (e.g. STATA, SPSS, etc.)
- Ability to apply logical and evaluative thinking to problem identification and resolutions
- Leadership and management skills
- Capable of organizing and leading meetings, presentations and discussions, and building consensus through facilitative leadership
- Team-oriented and interpersonal skills
- Active listening and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative and be results-oriented
- Excellent attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Business or a related discipline.
- Master’s degree considered an asset
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience
- 1-2 years’ management experience is considered an asset
Now in its fifth decade as one of Canada’s leading agriculture organizations, Egg Farmers of Canada manages the national egg supply and promotes egg consumption while representing the interests of regulated egg producers from coast to coast. We are very proud to announce that Egg Farmers of Canada was named one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and we have again been selected as one of the National Capital Region’s Top employers for 2019! For more information about Egg Farmers of Canada, visit eggfarmers.ca.
Egg Farmers of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.