Public Relations Officer
Egg Farmers of Canada is seeking a Public Relations Officer to support the Corporate and Public Affairs team. The Public Relations Officer is responsible for promoting an understanding of EFC’s mission, business and farmers as well as the benefits accrued to Canadians and Canadian society.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of media, public and stakeholder relations strategies to raise awareness of Egg Farmers of Canada and our programs.
The Public Relations Officer helps builds and maintains a positive reputation through effective storytelling, relationship building and information sharing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes comprehensive media relations and public relations strategies that supports Egg Farmers of Canada strategic objectives and disseminates critical information
- Acts as Egg Farmers of Canada’s primary media contact. Coordinates engagement with reporters and journalists to respond to questions and inquires
- Drafts a range of communications tools and documents such as media statements, press releases, talking points and briefs. Trains spokespeople and briefs leadership for interviews and speaking engagements
- Tracks and evaluates issues and topics in the national media by harnessing media monitoring and other resources
- Identifies opportunities for strategic intervention and makes recommendations to Director, Corporate and Public affairs to address emerging issues and opportunities
- Leads the planning, execution and measurement of all Public Relations campaigns and initiatives, including large-scale annual events and their promotion
- Provides services to internal clients to support programs from a Public Relations or Media Relations standpoint. Works collaboratively with teammates and partners to execute initiatives
- Keeps abreast of the media landscape and industry issues related to Egg Farmers of Canada’s mandate and proposes strategy shifts when necessary
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders and upholds excellent relationships
Qualifications and Skills:
- An excellent writer, a persuasive communicator and a confident presenter
- An understanding of the media landscape in Canada
- A responsive and result-oriented self-starter
- Ability to foster strategic relationships with reporters and other influencers
- Experience managing external service providers
- Articulate and personable
- Keen judgement and sound decision-making
- Tact and diplomacy
Education and Experience:
- Five years of media relations, public relations or communications experience in service oriented and/or multi-stakeholder setting(s)
- An undergraduate degree or master’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field
- Bilingualism (French/English) is a requirement
Now in its fifth decade as one of Canada’s leading agriculture organizations, Egg Farmers of Canada manages the national egg supply and promotes egg consumption while representing the interests of regulated egg farmers from coast to coast. We are proud to be among the ranks of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and Canada’s Top Employer for Young People, and one of the National Capital Region’s Top Employers for the eighth consecutive year. Visit eggfarmers.ca for more information about Egg Farmers of Canada.
Egg Farmers of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.