Egg Farmers of Canada (EFC) is seeking a Business Management professional to join the Operations team in a fast-paced, challenging, and exciting work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will have 2 to 5 years of experience in Business Analytics as well as 2-5 years management experience. The Manager of Business Analysis provides analysis, reports and recommendations with respect to the Egg Farmers of Canada’s (EFC) operational requirements. The Manager will be comfortable analyzing data to understand, solving business problems and presenting the results, and leading a high functioning team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of the Operations Business Analysis unit staff.
- Coaching and mentorship of unit staff.
- Responsible for performance measurement of unit (i.e. scorecards)
- Develop annual budgets, objectives and targets for the unit
- Manage on time completion and quality of unit objectives
- Oversee the documentations of standard procedures within the unit.
Research and Analysis
- Perform macro- and micro-analytical activities relevant to Canadian egg markets
- Produce reports and presentations outlining the research and analysis and results
- Provide insight and recommendations to management
Daily Management of Existing Programs
- Manage the daily administration of the Processor Protocol delivery.
- Protocol calculations performed by unit staff
- Segment quantity audits process
- Provide analysis and reports relevant to program management at EFC.
- Manage the implementation and execution of processor pricing. This includes process improvement, process documentation, implementation of updates to the calculation method, weekly publishing, maintenance of the price database and publishing website.
- Contribute to continual process improvement
- Communicate with stakeholders
- Contribute to the management of crises
Project Manager for the Development of New Programs
- Manage projects for the development of new programs and projects as directed by the COO
- Assess the feasibility, definition and scope of various projects, and allocate the projects to staff, which includes analysis, direction, mentoring, guidance and assessment
- Develop following EFC programs:
- Redevelopment of Nest Run egg pricing in the Industrial Products Program including calculation methodology and policy implications.
- Preparation for the renewal of the Processor Protocol
- Development of all aspects of alternative housing egg pricing in the Industrial Products Program.
- Development of alternative housing egg pricing and improvement of regular egg pricing in the Eggs for Processing (EFP) program.
- Project resource for the development of new programs and projects as assigned.
- Leadership and management skills
- Capable of organizing and leading meetings, presentations and discussions, and building consensus through facilitative leadership
- Team-oriented and interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
- Strong active listening and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative and be results-oriented
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables and advanced formulas for example if and lookup statements)
- Proficient statistical and mathematical skills including methodologies and techniques
- Ability to apply logical and evaluative thinking to problem identification and resolution
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Business, Logistics or a related discipline. A related graduate degree is considered an asset
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- 2-5 years of management experience.
Farmers of Canada manages the national egg supply and promotes egg consumption while representing the interests of regulated egg producers from coast to coast. We are very proud to announce that Egg Farmers of Canada was named one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures for the seventh consecutive year and we have again been selected as one of the National Capital Region’s Top employers for 2021 for the ninth consecutive year! For more information about Egg Farmers of Canada, visit eggfarmers.ca.
Egg Farmers of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.