Egg Farmers of Canada (EFC) is seeking a Nutrition Officer to join the Marketing & Nutrition team in a fast-paced, challenging, and exciting work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will have 5 years of experience in the field of nutrition science and/or dietetics and in an industry/corporate setting.
The Nutrition Officer is responsible for the development, execution, and evaluation of nutrition-focused marketing programs targeting both consumers and health professionals as part of the Marketing & Nutrition Team at Egg Farmers of Canada. The position oversees research and marketing partnerships related to human health and nutrition. This position supports EFC and its partners in monitoring and responding to nutrition policy, regulation, and research relevant to the egg industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of marketing and nutrition programs which support EFC’s Marketing plan
- Lead health professional and consumer nutrition-related programs, including resource development, conference sponsorships, and partnership activations
- Advise on technical egg nutrition matters and inquiries as necessary from consumers, health professionals, other EFC departments, provincial stakeholders, and industry partners
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and relationships which support the positioning of eggs as a healthy food
- Manage data on nutritional value of eggs, including data generation and sharing with industry stakeholders and government
- Monitor federal nutrition policies for relevance to egg industry
- Maintain nutritional knowledge and scientific research with respect to egg nutrition
- Support responses to all nutrition-related inquiries, including media
- Update and maintain current nutrition information materials, including digital properties; lead preparation of new nutrition materials
- Participate in strategy development for the Marketing and Nutrition unit
- Manage day to day activities associated with all nutrition programs including: briefing, project management, creative development and production of materials
- Develop and manage appropriate budgets
- Collaborate with other EFC units to provide consumer and technical perspective on nutrition-related inquiries and issues facing the egg industry
- Review and update materials, including print, web, video etc.
- Collaborate and engage with provincial marketing and communications staff
- Participate in the development of consumer or health professional market research projects
- Develop and deliver presentations and participate in meetings, workshops and conferences, as required
- Develop reports for distribution to industry and other stakeholders
- Collaborate and liaise with external agencies and vendors
- Keep up to date on consumer, media, food trends and innovations
- Thorough knowledge of current nutritional science and evidence based guidance
- Knowledge of marketing theories, principles and best practices
- Knowledge of media and social media trends
- Ability to use research and analytical skills to review scientific documents and translate them into consumer friendly language
- Multi-task, take initiative and be results oriented
- Communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders and work as part of a team
- Effectively manage programs, timelines and budgets
- Use various software application (Microsoft Office)
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree with a focus in nutritional science.
- Registered Dietitian (RD) professional designation or eligibility for membership in the Ontario College of Dietitians is required.
- 5 years of experience in the field of nutrition science and/or dietetics and in an industry/corporate setting
- Communications/marketing experience is an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
Now in its fifth decade as one of Canada’s leading agriculture organizations, Egg Farmers of Canada manages the national egg supply and promotes egg consumption while representing the interests of regulated egg producers from coast to coast. We are very proud to announce that Egg Farmers of Canada was named one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures for the eighth consecutive year and we have again been selected as one of the National Capital Region’s Top employers for 2021 for the tenth consecutive year! For more information about Egg Farmers of Canada, visit eggfarmers.ca.
Egg Farmers of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.