Egg Farmers of Canada is seeking a Communications Coordinator to support the Corporate and Public Affairs team as it executes a number of communications plans and strategies. The Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting proactive and effective communications by working closely with all Corporate and Public Affairs team members. The successful candidate has a track record of success as an effective and creative communicator, and enjoys a dynamic, fast paced work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Senior Communications Officer, and Director, Corporate and Public Affairs on a range of projects, events and activities
- Plays a key role in maintaining and driving engagement through Egg Farmers of Canada's corporate social media network, including content development and management, daily monitoring and responding to inquires
- Supports the day-to-day management of the eggfarmers.ca and producteursdoeufs.ca websites, including developing and publishing web content, executing strategies and programs to promote the websites, and interpreting and sharing analytics information to drive continuous improvements
- Undertakes the daily task of producing a media monitoring report to track topics of interest to Egg Farmers of Canada in both French and English language media
- Supports the preparation of a range of communications tools and resources, including fact sheets, brochures, correspondence and presentations in a timely manner
- Conducts research and prepares reports on matters that are important to Egg Farmers of Canada and Canada's egg farming industry
- Helps maintain internal websites and other digital collaboration hubs (e.g. SharePoint)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Capable of planning, executing and completing high-quality work on deadline
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience in a fast-paced and energetic team
- Diligent, conscientious and reliable
- Available for occasional work outside of office hours
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in communications, journalism or related field of study
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role
- French language proficiency considered an asset
Now in its fifth decade as one of Canada’s leading agriculture organizations, Egg Farmers of Canada manages the national egg supply and promotes egg consumption while representing the interests of regulated egg producers from coast to coast. We are proud to be among the ranks of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of the National Capital Region’s Top employers for the tenth consecutive year! For more information about Egg Farmers of Canada, visit eggfarmers.ca.
Egg Farmers of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.